Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vegan Challenge - Day Three

  • Weight: 148.6 lbs (-3.8 lbs total, probably still equalizing from weekend eating)
  • Meals:
    • Breakfast: Overnight Oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk, 1 tsp agave nectar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp chia seeds; 240 Cal-now, that's more like it!)
    • Lunch: Sushi Roll Edamame Salad (using 1/4 cup dry quinoa instead of brown rice today, 402 Cal)
    • Dinner: E2 Veggie Burger on Multi-Grain Sandwich Thin with Sweet Potato Fries (500 Cal)
  • Snacks:
    • Blueberries (2.5 oz, 40 Cal)
    • Cherries (4 oz, yields, 65 Cal)
    • 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (95 Cal)
    • 1/2 cup Mango Sorbet (120 Cal)
  • Drinks:
    • Coffee with Stevia and few Tbsp of unsweetened vanilla soy (~10 Cal)
    • 16 oz Tazo Passion Tea (0 Cal)
    • 24 oz water + mango-peach Mio (0 Cal)
    • 16 oz water (0 Cal)
  • Multivitamin: Yes
  • Exercise(s):
    • Walk around the block at lunch (25 min)
    • Zumba (50 min)
    • Zumba cool-down (abs+stretching, 10 min)
  • Thoughts:
    • I feel great.  I'm liking the scale numbers, but I'm sure it was just some extra water weight I put on by not paying attention to my diet for a few weeks... ah, summer.  The oats this morning were just the right amount!  I might omit the cinnamon tomorrow and top it off with blueberries instead, more like my yogurt habit but with oats!  Made it to Zumba today, took it easy on my ankle, still pretty purple. Since that wasn't over until 7, dinner was late - too late for my liking. Next Wednesday will have to be planned better. Sweet potato fries were surprisingly delicious!  Especially for having nothing on them!  The veggie burger turned out HUGE, way bigger than that tiny sandwich thin I put it on. Smeared some avocado and some horseradish mustard on the toasted bun and was very satisfied.  Now I have 4 in the freezer ready to eat, so that's nice.  Maybe I'll have that next Wednesday, afterall.  I still need to work on getting my calorie count down to 1200 on this eating plan. As long as I'm going to the gym, I don't so much mind the 1500 Cal/day.  It's hard, with all the carbs... so it's less fat, for sure, but it's more carbs too.  So far, no weird cravings.  I'm expecting those to hit this weekend when I suddenly want CHEESE!  Gotta stay positive!  Until then...

No comments: