Monday, June 18, 2012

Vegan Challenge - Day One

  • Weight: 152.4 lbs (yikes! when did that happen?!?)
  • Meals:
    • Breakfast: Overnight Oatmeal (agave nectar in place of honey, 345 Cal)
      Before putting it in the fridge

      The next day; all milk soaked up
    • Lunch: Sushi Roll Edamame Salad (edamame omitted for today only, forgot to buy it! 325 Cal)
      Salad Dressing,  Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette ingredients


      Blend well and voila! Yummy dressing!

    • Dinner: E2 Rice & Beans (bell peppers omitted, 485 Cal)
  • Snacks:
    • Coconut Milk Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (140 Cal)
  • Water:
    • 32 oz tea (Green + Mint, unsweetened/plain)
    • 16 oz water
  • Multivitamin: Yes
  • Exercise(s):
    • Walk at lunch (25 min)
  • Thoughts:
    • I can't believe how filling the meals were, I was definitely not left wanting more!  In fact, the rice & beans were almost too hard to finish-even Ryan thought so (although he did add a gruyere cheese and garlic chicken sausage to his bowl).  The oatmeal was better than I thought it would be, I ate it cold and didn't need to add extra milk or anything.  Tonight, I think I will make it with some of the fruit-flavored soy yogurt I picked up instead of the soy milk.  I didn't make it to pilates tonight, I forgot to account for the fact that I was out of gas and had to stop on the way.  It's probably better, I think my ankle was sprained when I twisted it the other day in those crazy shoes.  Hopefully I can make it to the gym in the morning to make up for it.  The swelling has gone down a bit from yesterday and I made sure to wear an ankle brace for most of the day (until it eventually cut my circulation off too much to bear).  The prep time for the meals took longer than I expected, so I'm glad I made the full batch and now have lunch for the next three days.  The oatmeal is quick and painless, so that's easy.  Tomorrow is Farmer's Market day, so new fruits and veggies are on their way!  We'll likely eat there, I need to make sure to ask if what I want is vegan.  I liked the Thai Basil Tofu Stir-fry I had last week, but I am not sure whether it had fish sauce in it.  If not, I'll probably order that again. They also had some really tasty Thai Spring Rolls, if not.  I feel pretty good - full, but not weighted down.  It is going to be hard to not overdo it on the carbs, even though brown rice & beans are possibly the healthiest of carbs I could choose - better than bread, for example.  Got to make sure I keep the protein up, the chia seeds can help with that a little bit.  Beans are the next best thing.  Off to finish watching the Falling Skies premiere, so glad it came back!


What going vegan looked like after my (~$60) trip to Whole Foods

No comments: