Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Notes on Things (and Things of Note)

  • 31 doesn't feel any different than 30, I'm not even sure that 30 was all that special to begin with!
  • The Giant Dipper is, hands down, my favorite roller coaster.  Always has been, always will be.
  • Roller coasters have a machine smell that nothing else smells like (and I love that smell)
  • Home-made carrot cake should ALWAYS follow hikes through redwoods.  They go together extremely well.
  • Carrot Cake should always be home made.  Never again will I buy a slice from Safeway.
  • I'm not as good at laser tag as I remember being... although I'm not sure I was ever good in an arena.  Puzzle Fighter is still one of my fortes.
  • Being able to drive 20 minutes from the Pacific Ocean into a Redwood Forest is something that I take for granted too often.  This should be remedied (by more beach days followed by camping trips).  California is truly a magical place, I need to spend more time in her beauty.
  • California adventures I plan on doing this spring/summer:
    • Take the ferry to, and explore, Angel Island (this is actually happening next weekend)
    • Tour Alcatraz (I've only ever boated by, never stepped foot on)
    • Walk over the Golden Gate Bridge (it's free, so really? why not)
    • Watch the sun set from the top of Mt. Tamalpais
    • Hike through Muir Woods (I think the last time I was in there was 6th grade)
    • Eat clam chowder at Bodega Bay
    • Take Ryan to Panther Rock Beach
    • Attend an Art Murmur in Oakland
  • I should really knit more things.  Or at least finish something that I start.
  • I got a new iPod for my birfdae!  32 GB, bring it!  Also got this super cutesy owl case (which I lurve <3):
  • Got some awesome schwag for Burning Man from my friends as well... some home-made (yay for crocheted arm warm warmers and a bike seat cover!), some store bought (feather hair extenders and purple make up), all equally thoughtful <3
  • Hmmm... maybe it's time to start thinking more about Burning Man?  Meh, not yet.
  • It is time to start planning this year's river float!  Weeee!  Hopefully it doesn't randomly snow over Memorial Day making the water fuh-reezing this year!  Yikes! 

1 comment:

Zane Stafford said...

Download the Geocaching app for iPhone. You'll have a blast when you visit all those places.