Ok, I know I promised these a few weeks ago... and I have no excuses as to why it took so long for me to get back in here to post the recipe! I didn't make any changes, so don't expect these to be healthy in any way. Some birthdays are just meant to be celebrated without having to think about calories! And anyways, we were dancing - so they sort of just cancel each other out (right?). That said, I went right ahead and decided on Paula Deen's version of Lemon Bars because honestly? It's Paula Deen. They had to come out delicious. And delicous, they certainly were! Yum!
316 Cal; 13g fat (7.7g sat, 0.7g poly, 3.5g mono); 48g Carbs (0.5g fiber); 3.7g protein; 83.4mg Cholesterol
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar), plus more for dusting
- Pinch salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch pan with a small pad of butter.
- Make the crust by combining the flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You may need to dip your fingers into a little flour or confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, when the bars are done.
Happy Birthday, Jessa!