Need I say more? Yum-o! Even the Multigrain Pilaf from Trader Joe's was acceptable to Ryan! I bought more already ;)
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
* 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
* 2 tablespoons minced shallot, or onion
* 2 cups sliced mushrooms
* 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, (see Tips for Two)
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives
1. Combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add shallot (or onion) and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Pour in broth and wine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a steady simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in parsley (or chives). Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with the sauce, and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Tips & Notes
* Tips for Two: Store leftover canned broth for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in your freezer. Leftover broth in aseptic packages keeps for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Add to soups, sauces and stews; use for cooking rice and grains; add a little when reheating leftovers to prevent them drying out.
Per serving: 276 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 1 g fiber; 261 mg sodium; 500 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (40% daily value).