Tuesday, June 19, 2007

To Quit Or Not To Quit...

Welp, I've done it again. Gone back on the patch, that is. It's time, I figure, since I've been gearing up for that back to school nonsense the last couple of weeks. San Francisco State officially accepted me, of course. Orientation is on August 11th. 5 hour placement test is on August 23rd. School starts August 27th. Providing all goes well at the placement test (which is open book, thank goodness), here is what I'll be pulling my hair out over:

PHYS 701-Classical Mechanics-Lagrangian mechanics, rigid-body kinematics and dynamics, theory of small vibrations, Hamiltonian mechanics, and canonical transformations.
Tues/Thurs 935-1050

PHYS 726-Quantum Field Theory-Relativistic wave equations; quantization of the scalar, Dirac, and Maxwell fields. The LSZ reduction formula for S-matrix elements. Path-Integral evaluation of time-ordered products. Tree-level Feynman diagrams in quantum electrodynamics, and an introduction to non-abelian gauge theory.
Tues/Thurs 5-615

PHYS 785-Introduction to Theoretical Physics-Advanced concepts and techniques in mathematics applied to problems in physics. Applications in mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and fluids.
Tues/Thurs 210-325

It's quite a workload, if I do say so myself! But I'm absolutely ready to move up in the world and join the ranks of my fellow physicsts! Scared? Most definitely. But in that crazy rollercoaster-horror movie sort of way that I love. Which is why I needed to quit smoking pronto-ly. Cuz if I don't do it before school starts, then I'll find every excuse to continue smoking for the next 2 years of my program. And that just will not do.

So wish me luck on this next portion of my life. It's not gonna be easy...

No comments: