Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Test Taking For Dummies

Well, I have finally admitted that I need help. More so, I have forked out the dough necessary for me to achieve the scores I feel are required to get into the Grad School of my choosing. $1099!!! That's a lot of moo-lah! But... for better scores guaranteed, I'm willing to try anything.
My first class was last Wednesday, and we spent the majority of the two and a half hours taking a diagnostic test. You know, to see where we are each starting off the class so that the "higher score guarantee" (or "HSG" as the teacher and course book refer to it) actually applies. Here's what I know thus far:

Scores from actual GRE taken in October 2005:
Verbal: 510/800
Quantitative: 710/800
Essay Questions: 5/6

Here were my scores last week for the Diagnostic:
Verbal: 530/800
Quantitative: 670/800

So I guess it's about the same... the tests were awful. The actual GRE took about 4.5 hrs in total to complete... The diagnostic took about 2 (no essay questions). The diagnostic consisted of 4 sections, each 30 minutes in length: Verbal, Quantitative, Verbal, Quantitative. I ran out of time in all four sections. Which tells me one thing right of the bat - I need to work on time management in a serious way. I'll never get higher scores unless I can learn to manage my time better!
Ok, well I guess I'll do some work now...

But first:

Arena

(known to self and others)

accepting, dependable, giving, intelligent, silly

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

able, bold, brave, caring, cheerful, clever, complex, confident, energetic, friendly, happy, helpful, idealistic, independent, kind, knowledgeable, loving, observant, self-assertive, shy, spontaneous, trustworthy, warm, witty

Façade

(known only to self)

logical

Unknown

(known to nobody)

adaptable, calm, dignified, extroverted, ingenious, introverted, mature, modest, nervous, organised, patient, powerful, proud, quiet, reflective, relaxed, religious, responsive, searching, self-conscious, sensible, sentimental, sympathetic, tense, wise

Dominant Traits

57% of people agree that Raevyn Mystique is intelligent

All Percentages

able (14%) accepting (14%) adaptable (0%) bold (28%) brave (14%) calm (0%) caring (14%) cheerful (14%) clever (14%) complex (14%) confident (14%) dependable (28%) dignified (0%) energetic (28%) extroverted (0%) friendly (28%) giving (14%) happy (14%) helpful (14%) idealistic (14%) independent (42%) ingenious (0%) intelligent (57%) introverted (0%) kind (14%) knowledgeable (14%) logical (0%) loving (28%) mature (0%) modest (0%) nervous (0%) observant (14%) organised (0%) patient (0%) powerful (0%) proud (0%) quiet (0%) reflective (0%) relaxed (0%) religious (0%) responsive (0%) searching (0%) self-assertive (14%) self-conscious (0%) sensible (0%) sentimental (0%) shy (14%) silly (14%) spontaneous (42%) sympathetic (0%) tense (0%) trustworthy (14%) warm (14%) wise (0%) witty (14%)

Created by the Interactive Johari Window on 22.2.2006, using data from 7 respondents.
You can make your own Johari Window, or view Raevyn Mystique's full data.

No comments: