Monday, August 13, 2007

Beaches Are Fun

It's getting down to the line, folks! I have 15 days of freedom left before school starts. Freaked out much? Why yes, yes I am. I had orientation on Saturday for the new school and all its grad-iness. Not only do I have to jump through a half million hoops for these people before I can actually receive my degree, but I have to maintain a 3.0 GPA in the process, with nothing less than a C in any class. Not that I am a C student, bcuz I am not and never have been. But it's still a little bit intimidating on paper. Campus is tiny, but I like it all in all. Not much is nearby... within walking distance is Lake Merritt, but that's about it. UCSF and Golden Gate Park are close-ish. So that means that Logan will come have some lunch with me sometimes-yay! I have been thinking about getting a new bike so I have some sort of transportation... but I don't know that it's necessary. Since Daly City is consistently and constantly covered in a blanket of fog, riding a bike may not be the funnest. I remember having to ride my bike in Chico in the rainy season and nothing good ever came of it! So we'll see. I should be spending my breaks studying or working on homework or something equally productive, anyways. It's just that they're so loooooong.

Yesterday was beach day. I so needed it before embarking on this journey! We went to Panther Rock-classic! It always amazes me that we don't go there more often. It's less than 1.5 hours away, it's generally sunny (altho often windy), and there's never hoards of people there! We had a beautifully terrific day lounging about the beach in the waves and in the caves.

Relaxation is key.

No comments: