Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Day of Summer

Well, this is it. As of 12:03 am (tonight/tomorrow), it is officially Fall in the West. I wouldn't say that I'm sad to see Summer go, nor would I say I am glad. With the ebbs and flows of this last Summer, I am afraid to be a part of the Winter. I guess that's what it comes down to. It got hotter here than it has ever been before this Summer. So I fear that the Winter will bring in a similar fate.
At work, we are having an end-of-summer BBQ. I don't really think that 90% of the people I work with even realize that this is, in fact, the last day of Summer. Nor do I believe that any of them knows what that means in term of the length of the day or it's significance in history. And that makes me sort of sad. Sad that they don't know, that they don't care to know. They will just continue on their day as normal, doing whatever it is that these people do.
Now I sound like I feel superior to them. Which I do not, in any way. I am absolutely positive that they all have some sort of knowledge or know-how in their brains that I could not ever truly comprehend. And I'm okay with that. Most of the time.
For now, let's just take a moment to breathe. Breathe in that last Summer breath and bid it farewell for another year. It's time for the seasons to change.

No comments: